PA 11 PV 12 – COUNT BY 10s ON AND OFF THE DECADE
In Year 2, children begin to investigate counting forwards and backwards by 10s, on and off the decade. Children explain which digit changes and why.
This will allow children to begin to develop the understanding that they will apply to adding and subtracting 10s numbers, and adding and subtracting 10s and two-digit numbers – integrated with Addition and Subtraction 13, Addition and Subtraction 15.
NB: Children who have not yet demonstrated their understanding of adding and subtraction single-digit numbers bridging 10, 20 and any decade do not focus on this concept until they have.
- VIDEO 1: Forward on-decade < 100
- VIDEO 2: Back on-decade < 100
- VIDEO 3: Forward on-decade > 100
- VIDEO 4: Back on-decade > 100
- VIDEO 5: Forward off-decade < 100
- VIDEO 6: Back off-decade < 100
- VIDEO 7: Forward off-decade > 100
- VIDEO 8: Back off-decade > 100
- Explicit Teaching Plan
- Teaching Powerpoint
- Problem Solving
- Problem Solving Powerpoint