*NEW* N11 N12 SP1 GROUPS, ESTIMATE, DATA IN ROWS
NUMBER 11 GROUPS
NUMBER 12 ESTIMATE THE NUMBER IN A GROUP
STATISTICS & PROBABILITY COLLECT, SORT, COMPARE DATA IN ROWS
Students do not come to school with a flexible understanding of groups. Added to this, a group is whatever we decide is a group. For these reasons, students need to investigate groups flexibly before beginning to join groups (adding) or take a group away (subtracting).
The ELEMENTS in this group are intrinsically related because the grouping concept is applied to the data concept because when we sort data into rows, we are making groups. Comparing which row has more and which row has fewer, based on their lengths.
NB: The Teaching Resources have been linked below as a complete document containing all Elements (button 1) and as each individual Elements (buttons 2 3). Buttons 4 and 5 are now the Teaching PowerPoints and the Anchor Charts. Buttons 6 and 7 are the Problem Solving PowerPoint.
The remaining buttons are the Videos.
- TEACHING RESOURCES - COMPLETE
- TEACHING RESOURCE N11 GROUPS N12 ESTIMATE
- TTEACHING RESOURCE SP1 DATA IN ROWS
- 11N 12N PPT ANCHOR CHARTS INTERVENTION
- 1SP PPT ANCHOR CHART INTERVENTION
- N11 N12 PROBLEM SOLVING
- SP 1 PROBLEM SOLVING
- N11 1 EQUAL GROUP, MARKERS
- N11 2 EQUAL, MARKERS, LEFT OVER
- N11 3 UNEQUAL, MARKERS
- N11 4 EQUAL GROUP, NO MARKERS
- N11 5 EQUAL, NO MARKERS, LEFT OVER
- N11 6 UNEQUAL, NO MARKERS
- N12 ESTIMATE
- SP1 DATA IN ROWS