*NEW* N 8 9 10 ORDER, AFTER/BEFORE, COUNT FORWARD/BACKWARDS ADDING/TAKING IS AWAY 1 EACH TIME, NUMBER AFTER/BEFORE 1 MORE/FEWER
NUMBER 8 ORDER NUMBERS AND NUMBER BEFORE AND AFTER
NUMBER 9 COUNTING FORWARDS IS ADDING 1 EACH TIME, COUNTING BACKWARDS IS TAKING AWAY 1 EACH TIME
NUMBER 10 NUMBER AFTER IS 1 MORE AND NUMBER BEFORE IS 1 FEWER / LESS
These Elements are intrinsically related because they unify the forward number sequence with repeatedly adding 1 and the backward number sequence with repeatedly taking away 1. This allows students to develop and explain their understanding of the number after as 1 more and the number before as 1 fewer (less). These Elements further relate the forward and backward number sequence to numbers as quantities.
NB: The Teaching Resources have been linked below as a complete document containing all Elements (button 1) and as each individual Element (buttons 2 3 4). Buttons 4, 5 and 6 are Teaching PowerPoints and Anchor Charts. Button 7 is the Problem Solving PowerPoint.
The remaining buttons are the Videos.
- TEACHING RESOURCES - COMPLETE
- TEACHING RESOURCE N8 ORDER AFTER BEFORE
- TEACHING RESOURCE N9 COUNT FWD/BWD ADD/TAKE AWAY 1
- TEACHING RESOURCE N10 AFTER/BEFORE 1 MORE/FEWER
- N8 AFTER BEFORE PPT & ANCHOR CHART
- N9 COUNT ADD 1 SUBTRACT 1 PPT & ANCHOR CHART
- N10 AFTER 1 MORE BEFORE 1 FEWER PPT & ANCHOR CHART
- Problem Solving Powerpoint
- VIDEO N8 ORDER
- VIDEO 8 AFTER
- VIDEO N8 BEFORE
- VIDEO N9 FWD ADD 1
- VIDEO N9 BWD TAKE AWAY 1
- VIDEO N10 AFTER IS 1 MORE
- VIDEO N10 BEFORE IS 1 FEWER