*NEW* N 1 2 3 COUNTING FORWARDS & BACKWARDS, RECOGNISE NUMERALS, WRITE NUMERALS
NUMBER 1 COUNT FORWARDS & BACKWARDS
NUMBER 2 RECOGNISE NUMERALS WHEN SEEING & WHEN HEARING NAME
NUMBER 3 WRITE NUMERALS EXPLAINING ONLY 1 ORIENTATION
Before students engage in any mathematical investigation and explanation, they begin to develop their capacity to count forwards and backwards, recognise numerals and write numerals.
These sound deceptively simple because we can’t remember a time when we couldn’t do them. But they are actually quite complex – and very important.
NB: The Teaching Resources have been linked below as a complete document containing all Elements (button 1) and as each individual Elements (buttons 2 3 4). Buttons 5, 6 and 7 are now the Teaching PowerPoints and the Anchor Charts. Button 8 is the Problem Solving PowerPoint.
The remaining buttons are the Videos.
- TEACHING RESOURCES - COMPLETE
- TEACHING RESOURCES - N1 COUNT
- TEACHING RESOURCES - N2 RECOGNISE
- TEACHING RESOURCES - N3 WRITE
- N1 COUNT PPT + ANCHOR CHART
- N2 READ PPT + ANCHOR CHART
- N3 WRITE PPT + ANCHOR CHART
- PROBLEM SOLVING N1 N2 N3
- VIDEO 1 COUNT FORWARDS BACKWARDS
- VIDEO 2 RECOGNISE NUMERALS
- VIDEO 3 WRITE NUMERALS