*NEW* AS 21 22 23 24 29 COUNT FORWARDS & BACKWARDS IS ADD & SUBTRACT 1 EACH TIME, ADD & SUBTRACT COUNTERS, ADD & SUBTRACT ZERO, ADD & SUBTRACT NUMBER LINE, FINDING DIFFERENCE
ADDITION & SUBTRACTION 21 – COUNTING FORWARDS & BACKWARDS IS ADDING & SUBTRACTING 1 EACH TIME
ADDITION & SUBTRACTION 22 – ADD & SUBTRACT COUNTING BY ONES USING COUNTERS
ADDITION & SUBTRACTION 23 – ADDING & SUBTRACTING ZERO DOES NOT CHANGE THE VALUE
ADDITION & SUBTRACTION 24 – ADDING & SUBTRACTING ON A NUMBER LINE
ADDITION & SUBTRACTION 29 – FINDING DIFFERENCE BY COUNTING ON AND COUNTING BACK
These Addition & Subtraction Elements are explicitly taught and investigated. When a student has demonstrated and explained their understanding of an Element, that student moves onto the next Element.
The ELEMENTS in this group are intrinsically related because counting has an empirical and logical basis to Addition & Subtraction concepts because both involve additive thinking and algebraic thinking.
NB: The Teaching Resources have been linked below as a complete document containing all Elements (button 1) and as each individual Elements (buttons 2 3 4 5 6). Button 7 is the Problem Solving PowerPoint.
The remaining buttons are the Videos.
- TEACHING RESOURCES - COMPLETE
- TEACHING RESOURCE - ADD & SUBTRACT 21
- TEACHING RESOURCE - ADD & SUBTRACT 22
- TEACHING RESOURCE - ADD & SUBTRACT 23
- TEACHING RESOURCE - ADD & SUBTRACT 24
- TEACHING RESOURCE - ADD & SUBTRACT 29
- PROBLEM SOLVING POWERPOINT
- VIDEO:AS 21 1 COUNT FWDS
- VIDEO:AS 21 2 COUNT BWDS
- VIDEO:AS 21 3 COUNT FWDS
- VIDEO:AS 21 4 COUNT BWDS
- VIDEO:AS 22 1 ADD COUNTERS
- VIDEO:AS 22 2 SUBTRACT COUNTERS
- VIDEO:AS 23 ADD SUBTRACT ZERO
- VIDEO:AS 24 1 ADD NUMBER LINE
- VIDEO:AS 24 2 SUBTRACT NUMBER LINE
- VIDEO:AS 29 DIFFERENCE